With patented location determination algorithms that yield highly accurate (less than 5 feet) 3D location information (X, Y, Z) without the use of exciters or beacon tags, AiRISTA brings total awareness, results and better business intelligence while shortening the deployment process. The system can work in one of two possible ways:
- Using Access Points (APs) as reference points - An RTLS model is created to include information about the maps, floors, zones, and location of WLAN APs for one or more buildings. The Asset or personnel tag receives beacon information transmitted by Wi-Fi APs on the network. When three or more sets of data are received from the APs, the information is provided to AiRISTA's TDOA RTLS engine which will calculate the location using a patented technology. Tags communicate to the location engine via the existing Wi-Fi access points.
- Using AiRISTA's Reference Tags as reference points - An RTLS model is created to include information about the maps, floors, zones, and location of AiRISTA's Reference Tags for one or more buildings. The Asset or personnel tag receives beacon information transmitted by AiRISTA's Reference Tags. When three or more sets of data are received from these reference Tags, this information is provided to the TDOA RTLS engine to calculate the location using our patented technology based on the location of the Reference tags. The tags communicate to the location engine via the existing Wi-Fi APs.
Accuracy levels provided by this technology provide effective solutions for applications demanding real-time location tracking indoor and outdoor. Addition of the optional RTLS Business Rules allow for enforcing inclusion/exclusion and dynamic zones and schedule based tracking. Additional optional Track & Trace features for playback based on captured historical data empower users to optimize business process, increase asset utilization and increase personnel safety. Enterprise release of the software brings about the ability for fusing data from tags and on-board sensors and monitoring of desperate sites through additional available platforms.
- High Levels of Accuracy – Yielding accuracy levels of less than 5 feet with AiRISTA's standard Wi-Fi tags. Further levels of accuracy may be achieved utilizing the same tags in hybrid mode with AiRISTA's RSSI Radio Map RTLS technology.
- Ability to Co-exist with Other Popular Wi-Fi Technologies – AiRISTA's Wi-Fi TDOA can operate simultaneously with the Wi-Fi RSSI Radio Map technology without operational interference.
- One Tag for Multiple Engines – AiRISTA's Wi-Fi TDOA tags may be used for both, AiRISTA's TDOA as well as the RSSI Radio Map location determination technologies. Further, these tags support a third mode of operation, allowing for deployments of a hybrid of both technologies.
- Choke Points – Built in Class 1 Gen passive RFID with the optional antenna can make the tag transmit location information at entry/exit points.
- Battery Power Management – Meeting the requirements of power/battery management, tags' batteries may be replaced or optionally recharged. Further, motion sensors and built-in passive RFID may be used at choke points to control the signal transmission rate for better tag power management.
- Rapid Deployment – Installations and deployments based on AiRISTA's Wi-Fi TDOA technologies are expedited due to the elimination of the time consuming calibration process or the need for exciters or beacon tags. Further, the task of reader placement is simplified to a "point and click" on the RTLS maps.
- Add-on Sensors – The ability to add optional sensors including those for tamper detection, and the capabilities to determine the status of assets and personnel, bring about the possibilities of addressing diverse business requirements.